Sunday, February 15, 2009

BIG Baby!!

So after my little episode on Feb. 10 I had a regular OB appointment on the 12th. So I told me doctor about the nurses at the hospital agreeing with me that I think I am farther along then I was and they decided that I either might be right or at least Kaylin thinks so....so they sent me to the specialist to get a sono and check on her and my cervix! Well as it turns out I was only supposed to be at 32 weeks and 4 days and actually she was measuring at 35 weeks and 2 days!! So that would put my due date at March 17th and my original due date they gave me was March 18th...so it looks like I was right!! They had changed my due date to April 5 at my first sono and from the moment they did that I felt like that was wrong but ya know got to listen to the doctors!!! Although since I am so far along and the first sono is normally more accurate they cant just change my due date (since it is always an estimate anyway)...but they specialist told me that he wants her to stay in there at least 3 more weeks which would put me at March 5 which is fine cause it is after the baby shower and she will be better developed!!! So I am hoping if I have another episode of going into labor they will go ahead and let me have her since she is measuring almost full term!! Speaking of measuring full term I didnt tell you her weight...according to their prediction she weighs just under 6 pounds already (5 lbs 14 oz) and is taking up alot of space lol!! She also has a lot of hair and chubby cheeks (how cute!!)...and on top of that I have extra amniotic fluid in my uterus so I am at a higher risk of my water breaking pre-term already as it is...so technically I guess it really could be anytime!! We are super excited!! Daddy was already sad that they had to stop my labor once so hopefully she will finish developing long enough that if it happens again they wont stop my labor!! Anyways I go to the doctor again on the 24th for another sono and then the regular OB on the 26th so hopefully I will get a good update on when they think action is gonna happen!!

No comments: